Reading Aloud Resources
Date posted: February 5, 2020
Today is World Read Aloud Day! It calls global attention to the importance of reading aloud, sharing stories, and the idea of literacy as a human right by bringing communities together across the world to read aloud and change the world.
Pam Allyn, founding director of LitWorld, shares tips for creating a better environment for read-alouds at home or at school in Celebrating World Read Aloud Day.
For more tips on reading aloud (and some book suggestions), read our Family Literacy Week “Let’s Read Together!” blog posts:
- Benefits of Reading Together
- Read Aloud Tips
- Reading Aloud – Not Just for Little Ones
- Bedtime Stories
- Finding Time to Read Together
- Read, Reread, Repeat
- What to Read to Babies
- Make Reading Together Fun
- Chapter Books to Read Aloud
- Sing Me a Story!
- Busy Hands During Family Read Aloud
- Nonfiction Books to Read Together