Date posted: April 27, 2018
Urban Thinkscape is a project that creates opportunities for playful learning in public spaces with durable activities that encourage joyful interactions between children, parents, and caregivers. It is a collaborative effort that underlines the importance of informal playful learning. The following video tells the story of the first installation.
Key lessons from the pilot project are:
- Community involvement is critical to success.
- Find a community partner and advocate.
- Urban Thinkscape increases interaction and engagement in public spaces.
For more information about Urban Thinkscape:
- visit the Urban Thinkscape page on the Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University website
- read The urban design project sneaking puzzles and hopscotch into abandoned lots
- read Weaving Games and Puzzles into the Fabric of a City