September is Literacy Month in BC
Date posted: September 4, 2018
It’s Literacy Month in BC! During this month, we lead a province-wide campaign to raise awareness of the importance of literacy and raise funds to support community-based literacy programs and initiatives.
Here are some ideas for things to do this month to celebrate literacy:
- Read and share our Literacy Matters Fact Sheet and Literacy Matters Infographic. (New this year!)
- Use and share the everyday ideas in our 2018 Fostering Literacy Tips Calendar. It’s also available in a larger format.
- Buy and wear some purple literacy socks to support literacy. Thanks Blue Sky Clothing!
- Enter Decoda’s Literacy Month Contest to win a prize for yourself or for your class.
- Have fun at a Team Trivia Challenge in your community.
- If you’re a knitter, join the knitters at Decoda in #PutOnYourPurple knitting.