Science at Home
Date posted: May 14, 2020
What can you learn about science at home? A lot!
With schools closed and children learning from home, many new science learning resources for use at home have been created. And, some existing resources have been showcased.
Here are some places you can find some engaging science activities for school age children:
- Earth School – TED-Ed and UNEP is offering six themed weeks of daily learning quests about the natural world. Each quest includes a discovery video, quiz, and learning resources curated by environmental experts.
- Fun Stuff for Kids and Teens – These activities from Smithsonian include a section with science and nature activities and games.
- Mystery Science – Free, easy science lessons organized by grade level, K-5.
- NatGeo@Home – National Geographic offers quizzes, videos, science experiments, and even at-home classroom resources.
- Resources for Online Learning During COVID-19 Archives – Science Buddies offers a collection of K-12 STEM activities and videos.
- Science Snacks – The Exploratorium offers a collection of science activities that are hands-on, teacher-tested and use cheap, available materials.
- The Dome at Home – Science World shares some of their favourite resources and at home activities.
And, remember, science isn’t just for school-aged kids. There are lots of fun science activities for preschoolers. Here are some examples: