Date posted: February 1, 2019
Today is the 10th anniversary of World Read Aloud Day! It’s a time to celebrate and advocate for literacy by reading aloud.
This video from the Vancouver Public Library summarizes for parents the why and how of reading together.
For more tips to boost your read aloud experience, read:
- Making the Most of Reading Aloud: Practical Strategies for Parents of Young Children – from PBS Parents
- Read Aloud Guide – from Lit World
- Reading Aloud – from Start with a Book
- Simple Yet Powerful Things to Do While Reading Aloud – from Reading Rockets
- Ten Read Aloud Commandments – from Mem Fox
Here’s a new parent handout from Read Aloud:
If you’d like some tips on reading aloud to a group, I’m a Little Teapot: presenting preschool storytime is full of ideas. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to borrow a copy.