Poetry: Resources for Listening, Reading and Writing
Date posted: April 15, 2020
April is National Poetry Month! This year’s theme is A World of Poetry. Want to celebrate while social distancing? Here are some free online poetry resources.
Listening (and sometimes Watching)
- Jbrary – Watch and listen to nursery rhymes.
- Poetry Foundation: Poem of the Day
- Poetry Out Loud: Listen to Poems
- TED-Ed There’s a Poem for That
- 15 Silly and Funny Poems for Kids
- Poems for Kids – many appropriate for young readers
- Ken Nesbitt’s Poetry4kids
- Family Friendly Poems
Writing (and Playing)
- 15 Structured Poem Forms – Templates and Examples
- 30 Poetry Games and Activities for Kids
- Every Student Can Be a Poet
- Poetry Writing Lessons for Kids – lots of ideas, not just for kids
- Poetry Writing With Adult New Readers, Strategy 1: The List Poem
For crossword puzzle fans, here’s The Paris Review’s Poetry Crossword.
Would you like to subscribe to our blog? Click here.