Date posted: June 15, 2018
BC Summer Reading Club is a great way for children to do some reading in the summer. It’s free, it’s fun and it’s easy to register – just visit your local public library!
This year’s theme is Motion Commotion! It’s a celebration of reading and all kinds of movement – physical, mechanical, indoor and outdoors, alone and with others, independently and with a little help. There are seven weekly sub-themes:
- On the Go! – Transportation
- Shake, Rattle, and Roll! – Animals and insects
- On Your Mark, Get Set, Go! – Sports and physical activities
- Go Go Gadget! – Inventions and creativity
- Blast Off! – Travel through space and time
- Bust a Move! – Music and Dance
- Lights, Camera, Action! – Movies and animation
To learn more, visit the BC Summer Reading website.