Let’s Make It! with STEAM
Date posted: January 18, 2019
Looking for inspiration on things to make as a family? Sometimes a little browsing together through a book of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) projects will spark an idea. And, the projects aren’t just for older children.
Here are some of the things you can find:
- 25 cardboard engineering projects for makers in Out of the Box
- 52 family-friendly experiments for the yard, garden, playground and park in Outdoor Science Lab for Kids
- 52 family-friendly experiments to do at home using materials you find around the house in Kitchen Science Lab for Kids
- Creative art projects that introduce early math concepts to preschoolers in Math Arts
- More than 100 hands-on activities for ages 4 to 8 in The Curious Kid’s Science Book
- 40 projects that explore energy, using supplies you can find at home or in the grocery store in Energy Lab for Kids
- Cooking, gardening and craft projects with short explanation of the science that make them work in Crafty Science
- More than 30 kid-safe experiments, mostly for older kids, in Maker Lab
- STEM activities for babies and toddlers in Baby Steps to STEM
- Design challenges related to story books for children ages 3 to 8 in Making & Tinkering with STEM.
All these books are available in the Decoda Library. To borrow any of them, email firstname.lastname@example.org .