Keeping Kids Active While Staying Indoors
Date posted: April 3, 2020
It’s important to keep children’s bodies and minds active while families are staying home. The Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth (ages 5-17 years) recommend a balance of physical activity, sedentary behaviour and sleep.
The weather and physical distancing may make it difficult to play outdoors. Need ideas for fun, indoor physical activities? Did you know that Decoda has free downloadable books with physical activities for young children? You can download the MOVE Family Resource with activities for infants and toddlers and the HOP Family Resource for preschoolers.
For more ideas, take a look at:
- 6 active games kids can play with a pair of socks
- 15 ways to keep kids active indoors (even when you don’t have much space)
- 49 fun physical activities to do with kids aged 2 to 4
- Be Active during COVID-19
- Exercise Tips to Help Kids, Teens and Families Stay Balanced at Home
- Try these fun activities with a fidget spinner
And, COVID-19: Why we need exercise now more than ever reminds us that it’s not just kids who need to be physically active.
Would you like to subscribe to our blog? Click here.