Global Accessibility Awareness Day
Date posted: May 17, 2018
Today is Global Accessibility Awareness Day! The purpose of the day is to get everyone talking, thinking, and learning about digital (web, software, mobile, etc.) access/inclusion and people with different disabilities.
Wondering what digital accessibility means? This introductory video includes 15 tips to help creators of websites, apps, software or documents make their technology more accessible.
Global Accessibility Awareness Day invites you to set aside an hour to experience first-hand the impact of digital accessibility (or lack of digital accessibility). Here are their suggestions:
- Use your computer without a mouse for an hour
- Enlarge your fonts
- Check for sufficient colour contrast
- Check order of elements
- Surf the Web with a screen reader for an hour
- Learn about and use other OS/Mobile accessibility
- Try other adaptive software tools
For details, visit Participate in Global Accessibility Awareness Day.