Five Questions for International Mother Language Day
Date posted: February 21, 2020
Today is International Mother Language Day! The day promotes linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism. This year’s theme is Language Without Borders.
Can you answer these five questions about world languages and multilingualism? Click the question to find the answer.
- How many languages are there in the world?
- Does exposing infants and toddlers to more than one language cause delays in their speech or language development?
- What are the benefits of being able to use more than one language?
- What percent of the world’s population lack access to education in the language they speak or understand, affecting the quality of education and learning throughout life?
- Can dual language education help improve literacy?