CMHA Mental Health Week
Date posted: May 7, 2018
This week is CMHA Mental Health Week. This year’s theme is “#GetLoud about what mental health really is“.
One in five Canadians live with mental health problems, mental illnesses or addiction. But, five in five of us have mental health, just like we all have physical health.
For more information, refer to the following resources from the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA):
- How is mental health like physical health?
- Check in on your mental health
- 6 signs of good mental health
- Fact sheet for Mental Health Week
- Strategies for Well-being
Last year the Project READ Literacy Network in Ontario released an extensive, practical mental health resource for literacy practitioners. Click here to view Yes I Can, Mental Health Guide for Literacy Practitioners.