Check First. Share After.
Date posted: May 27, 2020
Did you know that reducing the spread of misinformation during a pandemic by just 10% will reduce the severity of the outbreak?
MediaSmarts has just launched the Check First. Share After campaign to encourage Canadians to check the source of info about COVID-19 before sharing it.
What can you do?
- Share responsibly. Check first, share after.
- Call out false content when you see it.
- Help educate others about the dangers of misinformation.
Visit the campaign website for answers to:
- Why does passing along bad information matter?
- What can I trust?
- What should I do if I see false info?
- Why does expert advice change?