Canada Learning Code Week
Date posted: December 3, 2019
December 9th-15th is Canada Learning Code Week. It’s a week focused on introducing basic coding skills and digital literacy that includes building, not only consuming, technology.
If you haven’t taught coding before, there’s support available. Canada Learning Code has designed free lesson plans for first-time coding educators, including:
- Learn Like A Computer! (unplugged, all experience levels)
- Comic Book Storytelling Using Seven Grandfather Teachings (all experience levels)
- What Does It Mean To Be Green? (ScratchJr, primary level)
- Envisioning A Better World In VR (junior, intermediate levels)
- Cats, Dogs, & Machine Learning (junior, intermediate levels)
- CO2 Trends With Python (senior levels)
Visit the Canada Learning Code Week website to download the free lesson plans and register for step-by-step instructional videos. If you teach one of the lesson plans, there’s an opportunity to win a Tech Toolkit.
While you’re on the website, take a moment to browse all the other available resources.