Welcome to the Decoda Literacy Library.
Anyone in British Columbia can borrow books – by mail – for FREE. This section shows you how.
Unsure of what we have? Too busy to search? Questions? Ask our Library Staff.
How Borrowing Works:
Can I borrow from the Decoda Literacy Library?
Any adults from British Columbia can use the collection. You can make requests by email, by phone (604-681-4199 x406), by snail mail, or through the library catalogue. We are available to help you find the resources you need.
- Click here to register with the library so that you can borrow for the first time.
How do I find and request resources?
- You can find resources by browsing our online catalogue, viewing our subject lists, or looking at the New in the Library list.
- Can’t find the resources you want? Too busy to search? Ask us. We can help you find online information as well as resources in our library collection.
- To request resources, you can place a hold in the library catalogue or contact the library by email or phone (604-681-4199 x406). You need to be a registered library borrower to place a hold from the catalogue.
How do I get the resources and how do I return them?
- We send requested materials to you by mail. We include a prepaid return mailing label, so returning materials is free.
- When you return materials, you re-package them in the original envelope or box and attach the return postage label. You can deposit packages at any Canada Post outlet or mailbox.
- Anyone is welcome to come and look at our materials in person, but we ask that you call or email before visiting. Our office hours are typically Monday – Thursday, 9:00 – 4:30. If you borrow books during your visit, you must make arrangements to return them.
How long can I keep the materials?
- We usually lend materials for a six-week loan period. We reserve the right to lend items for four weeks when materials are popular and have a wait list.
Can items be renewed?
- If other borrowers are waiting to use a resource, it can’t be renewed. If there isn’t a waiting list, it can be renewed for another six weeks.
- Contact us by email or phone (604-681-4199 x406) to see if an item can be renewed.
Do you have an agreement for borrowers?
- As a Decoda Literacy Library borrower, you agree to care for the materials you borrow and pay for any materials that are lost or damaged. You also agree to return your materials in the time allowed.
- All contact information we collect on your behalf is kept confidential and used for library information only. Please contact us if you have questions about how your information is stored or used.