Winter Olympics 2018
Date posted: February 8, 2018
The PyeongChang Winter Olympics 2018 starts tomorrow. Are your students interested?
For information about the Winter Olympics and ideas for teaching about it, here are some resources:
- 8 Ways to Celebrate the Winter Olympics in the Classroom – from We Are Teachers
- Canadian Olympic Team Official Website – learn about the sports and the athletes, includes a Canadian Olympic School Program with PyeongChang 2018 classroom resources (login required)
- Olympic Games official website – This site includes an Olympic Values Education Programme Toolkit
- PyeongChang 2018 website
- Science of the Winter Olympics – Sixteen videos on the science behind Winter Olympics sports
- Teaching the Winter Olympics Across the Curriculum, With Help from The New York Times – It’s not just about the sports. Here are ideas for using the Olympics as a platform for teaching writing, politics, design and fashion, geography and physics.
- The Winter Olympics begin today! – from readwritethink
- Winter Olympics – Lessons, worksheets and quizzes from eslflow.com