Date posted: May 2, 2017
It’s Screen-Free Week from May 1st to 7th. It’s a time to unplug from digital entertainment. Instead of watching TV, surfing the web, or playing with apps and video games, take time to read, play, think, create, get active, and spend more time with family and friends.
Looking for ideas on how to celebrate? Here are some resources:
- 7 parent-tested tips to unplug and play
- Five Reasons Why Screen-Free Week is Essential for Kids and Families
- Healthy Kids in a Digital World
- Kids’ books about going screen-free
- Unplug and Play Community Toolkit – from Central Okanagan Success by 6, the Partners for Literacy, and Interior Savings
Vernon, BC is celebrating Unplug & Play Week. Click here to see what they have planned.