Read to Me! – Reading E-Tips
Date posted: May 16, 2014
Read to Me!, a hospital-based program that promotes early experiences with books and reading for babies in Nova Scotia, has created a series of free tip sheets for reading with babies in the first year. They are designed to be introduced every three months, and the suggestions and book recommendations are customized to the baby’s age and stage of development. The tip sheets include:
- Reading Aloud to Your Baby (0-3 months)
- Tummy Time Books (3 – 6 months)
- The Importance of Nursery Rhymes (6-9 months)
- Interactive Books (9-12 months)
- Creating a Literacy Rich Home (12+ months)
To look at these tip sheets, click here (external link).
The library has a copy of the Read to Me! Family Reading Guide from the same project. It is a month-by-month guide filled with tips, nursery rhymes and information on early child development for the first year of life.
To borrow this resource, email email@example.com. Happy weekend!