Immigrant Employment Collaboration Project
Date posted: June 22, 2016
MOSAIC has posted resources from the Immigrant Employment Collaboration Project that were designed for settlement and employment service providers in BC. The purpose of the resources is to improve employment outcomes for immigrants through supporting increased collaboration among service providers. The resources include three training modules and a resource kit.
The training modules are:
• Immigrant Experiences Explored
• Inter-Cultural Competency in Providing Employment-Related Services to Immigrant Clients
• Referrals to Employment-Related Services for Immigrant Clients
The Immigrant Service Provider Resource Kit includes:
• Referral guidelines to support collaboration (including a client information assessment checklist and a client referral process management checklist)
• Eligibility frameworks for WorkBC employment services and immigrant settlement services
• Collaboration discussion template
• Settlement services framework
• Glossary of immigration and employment terms
These resources have useful information for literacy practitioners working with newcomer students who have employment goals.