Financial Literacy Month
Date posted: November 10, 2014
November is Financial Literacy Month. This year’s theme is Strengthening Financial Literacy through Collaboration, underlining the importance of coordinating efforts of organizations that offer programs, resources, information and services.
How are your money management skills? The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada has produced a Financial Literacy Self-assessment Quiz.
Take this quiz to find out how well you are doing at:
- Keeping track – organizing and watching your income and expenses to understand where your money goes.
- Making ends meet – spending less than you bring in so you do not live beyond your means.
- Planning ahead – setting goals and working towards them.
- Staying informed – seeking out information and asking questions of trusted sources regarding financial products and services.
- Choosing products – selecting products and services to meet your current and future financial needs.
If you’d like to improve your financial literacy, you can consult the Canadian Financial Literacy Database to find resources and events offered in your area.