Essential Skills Mobile App
Date posted: March 9, 2016
Introduced last year by Skills Canada, the Essential Skills Mobile App is a way for students to evaluate their proficiency in the nine essential skills. It also helps them explore careers in trades and technology.
The Essential Skills Mobile App incorporates profiles of over 40 different trade and technology careers and correlates the levels of complexity required in the essential skills to specific skilled trade careers. The following is a summary of the key features of the Essential Skills Mobile App:
- Profiles of over 40 different trade and technology careers.
- Summary of the nine Essential Skills.
- A comprehensive set of questions to help rate proficiency in the nine essential skills. Results are provided as a star rating along with information on careers in trade and technology that are best suited to strengths.
- Social media tools for sharing and comparing results with friends, classmates, teachers and counsellors. Students can repeat the test to track their progress and monitor how their essential skill rating improves. Teachers can use the App in classroom applications to highlight the importance of the essential skills to trade and technology careers.
- A link to ESDC Office of Literacy and Essential skills with access to all the National Occupational Profiles.
- A library of trade and technology training facilities in Canada.
The App is designed for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch® and android devices. It is available free for download from the App Store and Google Play.