ESL for ALL Self-study Course
Date posted: November 3, 2016
The Alberta Government and the Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks (CCLB) announced the launch of the new online self-study course An Introduction to ESL for ALL.
An Introduction to ESL for ALL is a 20-hour online, asynchronous training course based on Canadian Language Benchmarks: English as a Second Language for Adult Literacy Learners (ESL for ALL). This online course, developed in collaboration with Bow Valley College, will support instructors working with learners with literacy needs in a variety of classroom settings by:
- familiarizing participants with the contents of the ESL for ALL document
- offering suggestions on ways to use the resource to support planning for instruction
- providing strategies, teaching tips and best practices for working with ESL literacy learners.
To access the course:
- Go to http://learning.language.ca
- Create a user account
- Click “login” at the top right corner of the page
- Enter your username/password which you created for your account and click “login”
- On the home page, click “CLB Literacy Training Courses” under course categories
- Click “An Online Orientation to ESL for ALL”
- The course homepage will appear. You will receive a welcome notice and be automatically enrolled in this course.
IF you are already registered on http://learning.language.ca, please follow the information here:
- Click on your name in the top right corner and choose “Profile”.
- Click “Edit Profile” under “User Details”.
- Scroll down and click on the section heading, “Your ESL community details”.
- Complete the three drop-down menus in this section.
- Click the Update profile button.
- Return to the course, e.g. click the Dashboard link and then “An Online Orientation to ESL for ALL”
- The course should now be unlocked and you will see all content.
Two recorded webinars are also available through Tutela and Bow Valley College’s Centre for Excellence in Immigrant and Intercultural Advancement network. Webinar 1 provides an overview of the document and Webinar 2 discusses how to apply the document to your classroom. Both are 60 minutes in length and can be viewed at the following links:
To borrow this book from the Decoda library, email email@example.com .