What is Literacy and Essential Skills Training?
Literacy and Essential Skills are defined as the skills needed for work, learning and life. They provide the foundation for learning all other skills and enable people to evolve with their jobs and adapt to workplace change.
We provide assistance to employers who would like to know more about how Literacy and Essential Skills can improve their business productivity and safety record.
We work with you to understand how to embed Literacy and Essential Skill thinking into everyday practice, as well as how to improve the skills of employees.
Benefits to You
When Literacy and Essential Skills are part of workplace thinking and practice:
– The workplace is safer and more productive, and there is a decline in lost-time accidents
– Turnover rates are lower and employee retention is increased
– There are reduced overtime hours, outside contractor hours and plant down-time
– Work efficiencies are improved and
– Absenteeism is reduced
As an employee, you can:
– Have improved self-confidence
– Show more initiative and become more innovative
– Work and make decisions more independently
– Become better at recognizing and solving problems
– Take on new roles as mentors and peer learning coaches
Your team will:
– Improve communication and cooperation
– Respect diversity and
– Better identify and leverage contribution of individual team members