Funding Opportunity: New Horizons for Seniors
Human Resources and Skill Development Canada is now accepting applications for community-based projects for seniors under the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP). Organizations that want to help seniors make a difference in the lives of others, and in their communities, are eligible to receive federal grants and contributions funding. Projects must be led or inspired by seniors and address one or more of the following five program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
The deadline for proposals is July 5, 2013. To find out more click here.